Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Flash Mob

I recently came across great examples of Flash Mob events. One of my colleague mentioned about a T-Mobile ad that was created at Liverpool Street Station in London. I am very familiar with this train station as our office is nearby and spent many hours at this station.

T-Mobile ad at Liverpool Street Station – Dance Event :


This peaked my interest in these kind of events and came across other great events organized by T-Mobile and others.

T-Mobile ad at Trafalgar Square in London – Sing Along:


Brussels Train Station – Dance Event (Do Re Mi):


My interest turned to New York, as my wife said, how come no one does such events in New York (US in general)!? I started searching and I came across, "No Pants Subway Ride" in New York. I will be honest, in the beginning I didn’t think much of it. I dug little more deep and found that the event is organized by a group called ‘Improve Everywhere (IE)’. Youtube has plenty of videos of the events conducted by IE. I started to like IE, and I can appreciate what they are trying to do, which is to liven up busy day to day routine life.

Some of my favorites include:

Frozen people in Grand Central Terminal:


Human Mirror:


If you liked what you have read above and liked what you have watched (hopefully, through the links provided), then you have a chance to take part in one of the annual events. Sunday, January 10th IE is conducting their annual event of ‘No Pants Subway Ride’. At the least take your family/friends to New York for a Subway ride on 10th, but don’t tell them anything about the planned event.

No Pants Subway Ride - 2010

More Links:

imroveverywhere.com
Improve Everywhere - Wikipedia

No comments: